Resident Teaching Assistants For Girls Who Invest Summer Intensive Program
Applications closed for 2017
We will be seeking applications for this position again in 2018. Please check back in January!
Girls Who Invest, Inc., is seeking 4 undergraduate or graduate students to serve as Residential Teaching Advisors for its 2017 Summer Intensive Program. This is a paid position, with the opportunity to participate in Girls Who Invest’s innovative finance and investment curriculum, meet industry veterans, visit leading investment firms and earn valuable work experience.
Ideal candidates will be business or economics majors who are passionate about mentoring their peers and providing educational support to talented and ambitious young women. RTAs will live in University of Pennsylvania dormitories with Girls Who Invest scholars, as well as at least one member of the Girls Who Invest staff.
· Being on-call 24/7 during the four-week academic program, and every other weekend.
· Providing educational support to students in the Girls Who Invest Summer Intensive Program, including liberal arts majors who may need additional instruction in economics and finance concepts.
· Attend all site visits
· Working with assigned students (maximum 15) in your cohort
· Providing residential support to students as needed.
· Assisting Girls Who Invest staff with administrative needs such as printing materials and purchasing lunch for guest speakers.
Requirements and experience:
· Must reach the age of 21 on or before May 27, 2017.
· Economics, business or finance majors preferred.
· Must have US work authorization.
· Peer support or mentoring experience is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with the Philadelphia area is a plus.
· Must pass a background check.