Resident Teaching Assistants For Girls Who Invest Summer Intensive Program
Applications closed for 2017
We will be seeking applications for this position again in 2018. Please check back in January!
Girls Who Invest, Inc., is seeking 4 undergraduate or graduate students to serve as Residential Teaching Advisors for its 2017 Summer Intensive Program. This is a paid position, with the opportunity to participate in Girls Who Invest’s innovative finance and investment curriculum, meet industry veterans, visit leading investment firms and earn valuable work experience.
Ideal candidates will be business or economics majors who are passionate about mentoring their peers and providing educational support to talented and ambitious young women. RTAs will live in University of Pennsylvania dormitories with Girls Who Invest scholars, as well as at least one member of the Girls Who Invest staff.
· Being on-call 24/7 during the four-week academic program, and every other weekend.
· Providing educational support to students in the Girls Who Invest Summer Intensive Program, including liberal arts majors who may need additional instruction in economics and finance concepts.
· Attend all site visits
· Working with assigned students (maximum 15) in your cohort
· Providing residential support to students as needed.
· Assisting Girls Who Invest staff with administrative needs such as printing materials and purchasing lunch for guest speakers.
Requirements and experience:
· Must reach the age of 21 on or before May 27, 2017.
· Economics, business or finance majors preferred.
· Must have US work authorization.
· Peer support or mentoring experience is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with the Philadelphia area is a plus.
· Must pass a background check.
Head of Marketing and Communications
Girls Who Invest, Inc. has been evolving quickly and is now focused on building momentum after a very successful 2016 pilot program. We are seeking a bright, creative, forward-thinking, technology-savvy individual with experience in social media, marketing and communications. The position envisions a heavy emphasis on using technology and social media to build a robust and vibrant community. This role is responsible for creating and managing all communication activities to all of the organization’s stakeholders including students, donors, industry partners and the media. You will work closely with our CEO and Founder to hone GWI’s messaging and provide marketing campaigns to support and accelerate our growth. You must be a self-starter and thrive on working with little or no supervision or guidance. The successful Head of Marketing and Communications will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to communicate effectively and efficiently with all GWI stakeholders.
· Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the GWI team.
· Manage and advance the GWI brand.
· Research, recommend and implement a robust CRM platform. Manage contacts with all stakeholders.
· Design and implement an on-line GWI “community.”
· Lead the generation of content designed to engage community segments and to lead to measurable action. Decide who, where, when and how to disseminate.
· Maintain existing GWI social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
· Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, webinars and the GWI website.
· Coordinate webpage maintenance and social media to ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
· Track and measure the level and efficacy of engagement within the community.
· Coordinate and organize meetings and events to engage the organization’s audiences.
· Assist Founder and CEO with scheduling media events
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. We are seeking a candidate with technology expertise, as well as the ability to take on a wide range of projects. Candidates will have experience in areas such as website content, newsletters, and communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels, is critical. Additional requirements are:
· Demonstrated success in marketing communications and managing a corporate or non-profit social media account, matching organization tone and style, and generating views/responses to posts.
· Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Exceptional problem solving and project management skills.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision.
· Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. 5 + years of relevant work experience; previous experience in the nonprofit or finance sector preferred.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. At present this is an Independent Contractor position with a very competitive monthly retainer rate.